Browse Online Catalog



   Barn Building

   Breeding & Pedigree

   Buying Horses

   Christmas Cards





   Editor's Choice

   English Riding

   Equine Behavior

   Equine Business

   Feeding & Care





   Pedigree Theory

   People, Places & Horses

   Standardbred Racing

   Thoroughbred Racing

   Training & Conditioning


   Veterinary Care

   Western Riding

   Autographed Books


Shipping Information

Out of Print Books

Horseman's FAQs

Free Items


About Horseinfo

Meet Other Customers

Contact Us


Frequently Asked Questions



Q15)  What is Professional Errors and Omissions Liability Insurance?

This form of insurance covers the insured in the event that the insured makes an error or omission. If a riding student falls from her horse during a lesson and breaks her arm, she might blame the instructor. This insurance would cover the instructor in that situation - but not in the event that the student's horse becomes injured. In order to be covered in that situation, the instructor would need additional insurance in the form of a "Custody, Care, and Control" policy.

Owners of stables, horse trainers, instructors, and owners of breeding farms all need this sort of insurance coverage: a commercial equine liability policy. Care, Custody, and Control Insurance covers the horses that are not owned by the facility, and pays in the event of their injury or death. This protects stable owners, trainers, and instructors in the event that something happens to an animal in their care. A liability policy should also provide legal defense costs in the event that the individual is involved in a claim or lawsuit.

Back to Insurance Index

Comments or suggestions? Send them to 


[ Home | Browse | Ordering & Shipping | Contact Us | Editor's Choice | Privacy ]

Copyright © 1999-2016  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 
No material may be reproduced or republished without written permission of The Russell Meerdink Co., Ltd.  
1555 S. Park Ave.  Neenah, WI  54956  920-725-0955     800-635-6499